Running WY - become a qualified run leader
10th May 2012
West Yorkshire has the great opportunity to support more people to start running. Support is available to qualify 180 Leaders in Running Fitness.
Once qualified these leaders will be supported by the local delivery partners to set up and register running groups and have a positive impact on motivating and creating healthy active communities.
Do you want to lead a group or just get your friends out running?
• Find out how to get trained up (Check below and the Run England website to find out about the next course near you)
• Contact your local coordinator. Complete booking form (click logo in right hand menu) and start your registration process
• Attend the LiRF, develop your confidence, skills and meet like minded people
• Set up your new group, get advertising and start recruiting, get your group going!
• Use the experience and support of your local network and Run England to ensure both you and your group enjoy yourself
• Register your participants each session.
Interested in developing as a volunteer? Find out more about how to become a Sport Maker
Do you want to start running?
Follow these steps to find a group near you!
• Use Run England and local contacts (see below) to find out where your nearest group is
• Sign up to Run England & Tell your friends
• Meet your Run Leader and enjoy running with your group
For information on how to get involved please contact firstname.lastname@example.org